Each tour is accompanied by a German speaking tour leader. He/She will be there for you throughout the trip, will inform you about the upcoming driving stages and programmes and ensure that the services booked through our office will be rendered by the touring partners and service providers. He/She will inform you about necessary programme changes, assist during breakdown, sickness and other mishaps and take decisions for the well-being of the group. Legal and administrative aspects of your trip, should these happen, will always be taken care of by the management in Birkheim.
Whilst the tour leaders from Belarus and Lithuania run several tours in the summer, the western European tour leaders have left working life and combine dedication with a useful task and travel wishes.
- joined our team in 2015 and recently retired Klaus Fischer goes on tour for us whilst his wife still works.
- learned all about group, how to lead them and of course about travelling whilst working for a large German company.
- the Fischer couple resides in Halle and Berlin, are veteran campers and travel with a special “fit-for- an-expedition” caravan
- apart from travelling, Klaus Fischer is into canoeing
- since 2014 as tour escort and since 2015 as tour leader, Ruslan has already gained experience in various tours around Belarus and Russia.
- if he is not on tour he is at home in Brest in Belarus, where he lives with wife, son and dog and is a good friend of our former tour leader Jurij Kotchetkov.
- goes on tour with Igor, both enjoying cook and barbecue for the group
- Ruslan is an all around talent with plenty of ideas, enchants you with poetry and wants to get you interested in his special hobby the collection of table forks.
- tour leaders in North-Africa and South America and took charge of the last "Middle Kingdom" tour they also regularly take care of shorter trips, i.e. Scotland in 2015
- in 2006 they were part of the team that took a white motor caravan to Pakistan in order to return it as painted in the local style.
- at home in Graz/Austria, their jobs are well divided: Peter (photographes) and Sieglinde (films)
- participants appreciate his talents as a car technician and his calmness. Sieglinde is a hands-on person that loves to put some pancakes once in a while.
- Dana is the trained tour leader and is taking care of our tours in Eastern Europe and the CIS states for over 20 years.
- Dana speaks Lithuanian, Latvian, Russian, Polish, English and German of course - making her the language talent amongst our tour leaders
- at home in Lithuania with son and granddaughter, Dana also goes and works abroad at the end of the season.
- participants love Dana's singalong at the log fire evenings and when Vitas does the dog sitter on sightseeing days
- the managing director of Mir Tours enjoys leading tours and does this approx twice a year, mainly to Western- and Northern Europa
- experience as tour leader for Perestroika Tours in 1992/1993, apart from that Sabine works in the management
- at home in Birkheim/Hunsrück with husband Henry, in seasonal breaks they go to Vasai/India
- hopes to impress you with good organization and interesting travel experiences, the cooking pot and the Mahjongg stones are always taken along
– joined our team in 2015, still in their working life, the Mahlstede couple is taking charge of some of the shorter tours in our programme
- gained extensive experience as tour leaders with motorbike groups
- originally from Northern Germany they now live and work near Heilbronn
- a very good team combining experience and talent in a quiet manner
- 2017 konnten wir die Eheleute Moyen im Team willkommen heissen. .
- Gruppen- und Reiseleitererfahrung haben die beiden im Club in Friedrichshafen gesammelt.
- Jean-Claude kann mit seine französischen Sprachkenntnisse und mehr punkten.
- lernen Sie diese netten und umgänglichen Reiseleiter auf der Reise kennen.
- führt bei Bedarf kleine Touren in Rheinland-Pfalz.
- organisiert seit 1994 im Büro die Reisen, erstellt Katalog und Tourdokumentationen
- gerne wird auf Tour mal spontan gegrillt und noch was organisiert
- als Fachmann Rund ums Navigationsgerät ist Geocaching ein Hobby
- tour leaders since 2009 they have travelled mainly Southern Europe, the Mediterranean region and Morocco
- same as most of our tour leaders they gave travelled with us as participants before
- at home near Mainz dog Aki is part of the team, they always like to look at new touring ideas
- participants love their insider knowledge and their enthusiasm for the local way of life
Jedes Jahr schreiben wir etwa 30+ Reisen aus, von denen die Hälfte bis zwei Drittel realisiert werden können.
Instabile politische bzw. wirtschaftliche Verhältnisse, oder dass wir mit einer Reise nicht Ihren Geschmack getroffen haben, können Gründe für zu geringe Anmeldezahlen und eine Reiseabsage sein.
Die erfahrensten Reiseleiter wollen wir natürlich möglichst sinnvoll einsetzen. Das führt dazu, dass bei Drucklegung des Kataloges die jeweilige Reiseleitung nicht angegeben werden kann.
Je nach Stand der Buchungen entscheidet sich das erst im Laufe der weiteren Planung. Gebuchte und vorgemerkte Kunden werden natürlich über die Entwicklung ihrer Tour informiert.